Resepi Ayam Masak Merah

I guess my love for cooking has just blossomed in me lately. First thing to blame is the advent of food channels - AFC & Food Network. Every dish looks so simple to make and looks so yummy.. Haha, then the oddessey starts from there.

Thanks God Internet has made things even easier. There are so many food/cooking blogs - just type what kind of recipe you're looking for, in split seconds list of recipes is in front of your very eyes. I've been trying various recipes from the websites and blogs for the past months. Some of it went well and some eerrrmmm...not so though. I don't blame the recipe but maybe my amateur cooking skill is still lacking.

Since this is Ramadhan month, I'm thinking of putting some recipes which I've cooked, tested and satisfied. For my very first recipe for this blog is Ayam Masak Merah Special (I've adapted the original recipe from Oh Malaysia website), there are many delicious foods line-up there. This is my version with additional ingredients from the original recipe. Very nice indeed. Cubalah kalau tak percaya!

RECIPE: AYAM MASAK MERAH SPECIAL

OBEDIENT INGREDIENTS/BAHAN-BAHAN
4-6 pcs Chicken (usually I use thigh & drumstick - the parts that I love most!)
1 tsp Tumeric powder | serbuk kunyit
1 tsp Salt | garam
(Marinade the 3 ingredients & fry briefly until half-cooked)
2 tbsp chilli paste
6 shallots (pound/blend) | bawang merah (ditumbuk/dimesin)
3 cloves garlic (pound/blend) | bawang putih (ditumbuk/dimesin)
1inch ginger (pound/blend) | halia (ditumbuk/dimesin)
2 pcs of gallnut (pound/blend) | buah keras (ditumbuk/dimesin)
2 tbsp dried shrimps (pound/blend) | udang kering (ditumbuk/dimesin) (or alternatively use 1/2 cube of chicken essence)
2 tbsp tomato puree | tomato puri
2 stalks lemongrass (bruise) | serai (diketuk)
2 pcs of kaffir leaves (tear) | daun limau purut (dicarik)
1/2 onion (slice) | bawang besar (dihiris bulat)

METHOD/CARA MEMASAK
1. Put aside the half-cooked chicken.
2. Saute chilli paste until cooked. Then, add onion, garlic, ginger, gallnuts, dried shrimps and fry until aromatic. Add tomato puree.
3. Add lemongrass & 1/4 cup of water and let it simmers for a while.
4. Add salt, sugar and chicken essence to your liking. Add chicken, tomato, kaffir leaves and sliced onions.
6. Cook another 5 minutes and it's ready to be served.

2 comments:

  1. masukkan sekali resepi triffle akak yg sedap tu..uhuhhu..sy dah hilang resepi tu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insya-Allah... Memang dalam plan coz dah ages tak buat triffle..

    ReplyDelete